Saturday, June 7, 2008

Project Help

I need some help with my project and was hoping you people could help me out. For my project I am making the argument that the types of languages (written, verbal, body) I learned as a tutor can be learned by students in the composition classroom and that students who learn these languages can be more successful revising and editing thier essays. To help students learn these languages an instructor must 1) Talk about revision and editing in the writing classroom, 2) Talk about the purpose and procedures of one-to-one conferences, 3) Conduct one-to-one conferences with students where instructor models languages, 4) Talk about the purpose and procedures of peer review, and 5) Conduct peer review sessions in the writing classroom. Prior to conferencing with students for the first time, an instructor should help students develop a hyperawareness of the verbal, written, and body languages that work together in a one-to-one conference. To do so, I have developed a list of questions students can ask themselves. I have posted the lists to a website. Please read the lists and add to them by commenting on the blog. Thanks!

1 comment:

tmevans said...

How about, "What does my instructor's silence mean?" Or "What does it mean when my instructor says nothing and waits for me to talk?"